Friday, February 12, 2010

Still no jobs as usual and professors' say recession is still in effect

After ten months of job searching, I still can't even find a decent job. There is a new Subway that just opened right across from where I live. Oddly enough, the store seems to be hiring only a few people so I went in and applied for it. On other news, my college professors informed students that the recession is still there and that many college students have been looking for work for an entire year. I'm not the only one who is out looking for a job. My age is approaching 30 and I still have such bad luck. On top of that, I don't have the necessary experience to get the job.

This is why I've been trying to sell stuff on eBay, but the amount of income coming in is very miniscule. Don't believe in companies like UPS that say the recession is over. It's complete BS and people are still looking for jobs out there. Being optimistic is incredibly hard with doom and gloom over peoples' faces.

No comments: